Sunday 23 September 2012

background

I always envied people who had faith as I see it not only as spiritual guidance, but also as a moral compass for our everyday relationships with people, they seem to get a lot of guidance for this too.
Although I am quite spiritual, I somehow don't feel the need of believing in someone helping me, however I have a strong urge of doing good and being the best of who I can be. 

I have started taking part in our local community's meetings, not with a view of finding God, but to belong to a community and be able to do something worthwhile for the community I live in. And although I try to keep an open mind, I cannot imagine ever believing. For now I will put it down to the fact, that if I could imagine it, I would already believe.

For that reason I am eagerly taking part in the experiment and praying for God to reveal himself, but more so to give me the wisdom to recognise it for what it is when it happens and not put it down to coincidence.
I am sure, by definition, He will know how to make it clear to me, but I am praying to keep an open mind to recognise the message.

I have been praying for this everyday so far, and waiting....  

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you that God would reveal Himself to you at the right time & in the right way. Thanks for a humble, honest and brave post!

    Jeremiah 29:13 says You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

    PS: Faith is not something that comes naturally to me. As a Christian for 8 years I have more doubts than I'd care to mention! I wonder off and am greatly encouraged by the story of the Prodical Son in the bible. What is my faith then? It's like what Peter said in the new testament when Jesus asked him if he wanted to leave - "Where else can I go Lord? You have the words of Life!"

    ReplyDelete